The grant focus areas of the Foundation for Economic Education reflect the change in the current operating environment. The focus areas are interlinked and their cross-cutting theme is the future orientation of research and education, with an emphasis on responsibility and the promotion of entrepreneurial ecosystems. Researchers are encouraged to carry out pioneering research and to compile and acquire new materials and databases, with the aim of integrating research into innovation ecosystems.
- How to make effective use of new business opportunities? How can companies remain competitive? How can we better understand and manage the change in the business environment? What are the implications of market disruptions and new business models with their mechanisms for traditional business models? What can we learn from them? What internal mechanisms do companies use to innovate? How does the agility of startups affect business renewal?
- As the amount of information grows, so does its economic importance. What opportunities do artificial intelligence and the platform economy create? How do we collect and manage the ever-increasing amount of data?
ENTREPRENEURSHIP, SCALING AND GROWTH
- How do startups become SMEs? How to get companies to grow and scale more in large numbers? How to create entrepreneurial ecosystems? What is the role of ownership in companies? How do changes in ownership affect different (growth) stages of companies at different levels?
FUTURE SUSTAINABLE ENVIRONMENT
- How can the business be developed towards responsibility? The link between climate change, natural loss and resource over-consumption in business: a study of the circular economy. How to promote the convergence of technology and sustainable development? How does the normative environment evolve simultaneously with technology?
- How do we develop management skills in different sectors, in addition to companies in public organizations? How should telecommuting and remote work be managed at both the operational and board level?